(Pick a Project - Be Involved!)
1. Lutheran World Relief Kits:
***These will need to be brought to church by the beginning of October for Lutheran World Relief Ingathering.
1. Fabric Kits
3. Personal Care Kits *This year Messiah is to collect about 2,700 bars of soap as our part of Perry Synod's 1,000 Personal Care Kits that we make together.
4. Baby Care Kits
5. Quilts (60" x 80" only)
6. Fleece Tied Blankets (60" x 80")
7. New soap (4-5 oz. size preferred)
***Specific directions and materials lists are online at lwr.org. You will need to follow the directions carefully so all kits can be accepted and sent to those in need.
8 . The Synodical Unit of Women of the ELCA accepts other sized quilts: Babies - 36" x 36", Crib - 40" x 48", Lap Robes - 40" x 48", Single Bed Quilts - 72" x 54". See Carolyn Reeder for further information.
9.Perry County Food Bank
Peanut Butter (16-18
Jelly or jam
Macaroni and cheese
Juice and juice boxes
Vegetable oil spray
Helpers—hamburger, chicken, tuna
Canned pasta meals—ravioli, spaghetti, etc.
Ketchup and mustard
Powdered drink mixes
Canned chicken, tuna, or beef stew
Instant potatoes; rice mixes
Canned fruit and fruit cups
Muffin, cake, bread mixes
Flour; sugar; brown sugar
Pudding or Jell-O
Cookies or cookie mix
Saltine crackers; snack
Dish Washing Detergent
10. Join Hands
Most needed items are adult and children
socks and underwear.
11. Plastic Mats for the Homeless - Needed are folks to collect, cut, and crochet used plastic shopping bags. At this time, they are asking that you hang on to any plastic bags as the supply of bags has been more than they can keep up with. See Carolyn Reeder or Barb Woods as to how you could help.